Right now, I’ve got two things on my mind: turkey and the holiday ecommerce season. For me, they go hand-in-hand, because I know that at the point I start talking turkey, it is time to get holiday marketing in gear.
If you are an ecommerce merchant, there is no better way to kick off the holiday season than with an email blast to existing customers. Before people get too far along with their shopping plans, you want to plant the seed in their minds to return to your site to do some of their holiday shopping at their favorite ecommerce website.
A few points to consider:
- Dress up your email with the holiday spirit.
- Identify some products on your site that are ideally suited for gifts and stocking stuffers and link directly to those products from your email.
- Make sure you clearly state your holiday shipping cut-offs in the email.
- Give a special incentive for doing holiday shopping early – perhaps by offering a discount coupon.
- Encourage recipients (since they are previous customers) to pass the email onto a friend as a great place to come up with gift ideas for them.
- Plan to follow up the email with another one in two weeks when we are in the prime time of holiday shopping.
- If you have not done email marketing before make sure that you follow acceptable rules and practices and send to actual customers and those who have expressed an interest in receiving emails from you.
If there is ever a time of the year to go for it with your marketing, this is it! Have fun with your email communication and do your best to spread some holiday ecommerce cheer.