Setting up a Facebook Fan Page is an important step for any business to take. Here are the steps to setting up a Facebook Page for your business. Remember, a Facebook page will require additional time to update. Be prepared to dedicate extra time to maintaining your page and interacting with fans or work with a firm that can manage your Facebook presence for you.
Steps to Setting up a Facebook Fan Page:
- First you must have a personal profile for yourself. Create one here: http://www.facebook.com
- Now go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php and create an Official Page for your business.
- Fill in your company info. Include a blurb about your company. Mention the goal of your Facebook page and why people should “like” your Facebook page. For example: “Like our page and stay informed on the latest news at [Your Company]. We will post tips and special offers.”
- Upload a Facebook profile picture. I recommend a company logo that people will associate with your brand.
- Set the default landing page for “non-fans” to your Info page. From your business page, look beneath the status publisher and click Options –> Settings and set the “Default Landing Tab for Everyone Else” to the info tab.
- Create your first post using the publisher on your Facebook fan page. Maybe something like “Our Facebook Page is here. Look out for updates on new products and special deals”
- Update your page anywhere from twice a day to three times a week. This is often the most challenging part because maintaining your page can take time. The more you engage in your Facebook page, the more your fans will engage. Write posts in advance to stay ahead of the game.
Once you have the Basics:
- Upload photos of your products, your staff, and/or company events.
- If you have a video about your business upload it in the Videos application.
- If you have a Twitter account, sync your Facebook page with Twitter so that your Facebook updates will appear on Twitter.
- Suggest your page to your Facebook friends. (Click the “Suggest to Friends” link beneath your page’s profile picture.”)
- Announce your Facebook page on your website and/or blog. Add a “Follow us on Facebook” button to these places.
- Add a link to your Facebook Business Page in your email signature.
- Announce your Facebook page in your next newsletter.
- Consider placing a Facebook ad to attract more fans.
- Sync your Blog with your Business page in the Notes application.
- Sync your Facebook account to your smartphone so you can make changes on the go.
- Be sure to “like” HEROweb Marketing & Design on Facebook. We post quick tips on using Facebook to market your business. Let us know about your page and we will “like” your page too.
- To edit anything on your page click “Edit Page” underneath the profile picture. From there you will see a list of Applications (including applications you have added to your page.) Click the edit link under any application to begin editing.
- The best way to view your page is to search for your page’s name in the search field.
Final Note: Facebook is all about interaction with your fans. Make it a two-way conversation. If someone comments on your posts, be sure to respond to them.